1. Over-Shampooing: Washing your hair everyday may seem like just good hygiene, when in fact, it may not be the best solution for our hair. It is important to match your hair’s specific needs to the right product. If you are a daily washer, use a product specifically designed to restore hair health like Daily Frequent Shampoo and Conditioner. This will protect your hair and scalp from being stripped of their natural oils.
2. Over-brushing: That old adage about brushing your hair 100 times per day to keep it full and shiny is just an old wives’ tale. While light daily brushing helps to spread natural oils throughout strands, over-brushing can lead to breakage and split-ends. If you’re an avid brusher, be sure to use moisturizing leave in treatment, like Whipped Cream or Leave in Conditioner to maintain your hair’s natural strength.
3. Ponytails and Braids: Braids in all shapes and sizes have been making a huge wave in beauty for the past year. Unfortunately, these super sweet styles pull hair tight and can lead to breakage. This goes double for braiding or ponying-up while strands are wet.
4. Flat Ironing & Blow drying: Every time you crank up the heat, you amp up the damage. Heat causes temporary damage to the hydrogen bonds in your hair. If you are using heat tools daily to create your look, you run the risk of permanent bond damage.
5. Sun Exposure: Sunlight can contribute to t he breakdown of hair’s protective hydrolipidic film, which helps to retain moisture. Too much exposure and you’ll get dry, brittle strands that can become frizzy and unmanageable.milk_shake’s Integrity line is designed to protect hair from daily damage. It deeply nourishes your hair, from the inside out. Frequent use of Integrity products also eliminates frizz and promotes incredible shine. The secret ingredient? Muru Muru butter. While coconut oil maybe having a beauty moment, Muru Muru butter is poised to take over the spotlight. This Brazilian tree nut butter is a super emollient that promotes moisture retention, restores shine and adds softness to over-dried, over processed strands. What’s more, it improves flexibility and creates a permeable barrier, to prevent moisture loss. This means that after regular use of milk_shake’s Integrity products, your hair will be stronger, healthier, shinier and truly beautiful. For best results, use Integrity Nourishing Shampoo and Conditioner daily, and supplement with Integrity Intensive treatment once per week. Incorporate Integrity booster into your daily styling routine, to prolong results. For truly damaged hair, try the Integrity Repairing Hair Treatment. CLICK HERE to read more how Integrity System can repair your hair.